
Hi there! Today, April 23, our first day in Hamburg is going to be fun but busy! In the morning we are going to check out Planten un Blomen, which is a very beautiful park. Since we will be surrounded by so many trees, plants, and flowers; your child will be learning about the amazing process of photosynthesis. Plants need to eat food to grow just like we do. We will be starting our day off with a nature walk. On this nature walk, your child will be completing a diagram, which describes photosynthesis. Since photosynthesis can be a complicated process, I made sure to introduce it in the classroom before we left the states. After we wander around the park, the students will be split up into two groups of ten. In these groups, they will be performing a play about photosynthesis. They are going to be physically acting out what takes place in this cycle. I can't wait to see what they do with this! I have done this in previous years and it is a great way to help the students remember this cycle. Each student will be assigned a different part of the cycle, including sunlight, energy, water, etc. They will work with their group to put together this skit and then they will act it out for the other group. Once we have completed this, I am going to be introducing a new form of technology, which we have not used in our classroom. Your child is going to help me create a class blog about photosynthesis. This will be an ongoing project once we get back to the states. We are going to blog about the growth of our very own plants. After a morning of learning, your child will get some well deserved play time. This park has an awesome adventure playground that I think your child will really enjoy. Until next time!
-Miss Potter and Miss Lockcuff
No comments:
Post a Comment